[Wine] .wine is not owned by you problem with Darwin

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Thu Jun 12 23:34:29 CDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 22:24 -0500, Sai wrote:
> Okay, Okay I get it. Never run anything as root. I was playing around
> with a normal user account, and it seems I can basically do everything
> I want as a normal user. You see I was a windows user before, and on
> windows if you aren't admin you can't do jack.

You can still run as a normal user in Windows for most things, just use
"Run as user..." for what really needs Administrator.  The same advice
applied to Windows tends to save a lot of headaches, especially if you
question why exactly something needs Administrator privileges before
blindly assigning them.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca