[Wine] Wine Question or Suggestion?

Paul Johnson baloo at ursine.ca
Mon Jun 16 13:33:04 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 19:00 -0500, oViXo wrote:
> It's the Wine team that is loosening the tyrannical grip of the
> "Other" software company on the computer using community worldwide,
> while at the same time making it easy for Linux users to still have
> the use of the programs they are used to, in turn making a transition
> of operating systems easy.

Well, Linux users don't need Wine to run the programs they're used to.
That's a Windows-user problem for the most part.  For us, Wine is merely
a compatibility layer to run games originally made for an operating
system that is a very, very long way off from being ready for the
desktop at the rate it's progressing.

> That said, on to the issue. The issue is when using Wine holding in
> the ALT key and then using the Mouse 2 button, or right mouse button,
> brings up a context menu. Which in itself is fine, except it usually
> happens in a game, like Guild wars, ALT selects only certain players,
> and Mouse 2 pans the camera. So my question(s) are...

Sounds like your window manager is trapping alt-right clicks.  Not
enough details about what your environment is to continue.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo at ursine.ca