[Wine] Re: Wine Question or Suggestion?

oViXo wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jun 16 16:01:30 CDT 2008

> It's the Wine team that is loosening the tyrannical grip of the
> "Other" software company on the computer using community worldwide,
> while at the same time making it easy for Linux users to still have
> the use of the programs they are used to, in turn making a transition
> of operating systems easy.

Theres one word missing in that that kinda changes the whole meaning of the statement, what it should have read...

It's the Wine team that is loosening the tyrannical grip of the
"Other" software company on the computer using community worldwide,
while at the same time making it easy for new Linux users to still have
the use of the programs they are used to, in turn making a transition
of operating systems easy.

I'm not sure of what kind of info you'll need, but heres a start. On every version of Wine from 9.3(ish) to current on desktop managers KDE and Gnome. Linux distributions where it happens in Wine =

Slackware 9, 10, 11, 12, and 12.1 (KDE),
Ubuntu 6.06 to 8.04 (Gnome)
Fedora Core 3 to Fedora 9 (Gnome)
SuSE 10 to 10.3 (KDE & Gnome)-I'll try 11 in a few days
Linux Mint based on Ubuntu 7.10 (Gnome)
Debian Sarge, Etch, Lenny (KDE & Gnome)
Mandriva 2007 & 2008 (KDE & Gnome)

Those are all the distributions I've tried with different versions of Wine with my non Linux native programs where the context menu pops up when I'm holding the ALT key and use the Right mouse button. Its the same context menu that pops up when you use the Right mouse button on a program in the system tray in Linux.

Just post what other info you need. Anything to resolve this.
THANKS for your help.