[Wine] Re: Mailing list <-> forum gateway

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 2 12:00:39 CST 2008

Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Sunday 02 March 2008, A. Tres Finocchiaro wrote:
>
> > If I read this right, it appears Alan would like a way to filter the
> > extremely "noob" questions from the "legit" ones.
> >

> That's about right. Or expressed another way - and painting with very
> broad strokes here - the majority of new user questions are along the
> lines of "What is Wine? How do I install it? How do I use it?" A good
> and current FAQ or a forum is a good way to answer these questions.

Then you should think about un-subscribing from the wine-users. That is the list for users to seek help. If you saying you can only help these users and not other users just because they know less about wine - you should rethink why you subscribed to the list in the first place.

This is a pointless conversation. Splitting mailing list to "noobs" and "experts" will never work, as noobs will always think they are experts, and wise-versa.