[Wine] Mailing list <-> forum gateway

Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sun Mar 2 13:17:24 CST 2008

On Sunday 02 March 2008, my mailbox was graced by a missive
 from "vitamin" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> who wrote:

> Then you should think about un-subscribing from the wine-users. That is the
> list for users to seek help. If you saying you can only help these users
> and not other users just because they know less about wine - you should
> rethink why you subscribed to the list in the first place.
>
> This is a pointless conversation. Splitting mailing list to "noobs" and
> "experts" will never work, as noobs will always think they are experts, and
> wise-versa.

The list was, before the forum link, a place where serious wine-users could
discuss problems.

With the forum link we have been flooded with beginners queries that barely
merit a RTFM / RTFFAQ and the nois/signal ratio has become very strong.

Which leads me to reconsider my membership of this list, as it is now mainly a
waste of time for advanced users; in which case I would also feel compelled
to remove myself from the various apps I am maintainer of.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
                              Blame San Andreas: