[Wine] Problem with PowerBuilder 6-based app

Hugo Cardozo hugoac2004 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 08:53:38 CDT 2008

Hello to all;
I'm looking for somebody who has tried powerbuilder 6-based apps in the newest
versions of Wine (currently I'm using v0.9.57 in Debian Etch).
Well, the situation is:
I want to use a Sybase-based database management system, using Sql Anywhere 10
as the DB server and a powerbuilder-based app as the client. So I get the
Anywhere 10 version for GNU/Linux, configure it and its ODBC interface, and
now I can access my Sybase db's from Linux and Wine (I can even use Winsql to
access the server).

But the real problem is the powerbuilder-based client app. I didn't compile it
(just got it already compiled, with some DLLs).
The app starts, connects to the server, and opens the DB just fine (I think),
but some parts of the app doesn't work:
 - Some text boxes (that are meant for input numbers - keys) doesn't allow me
to write numbers. When I try to input the numbers, the text boxes shows the
string ".+" or something similar.
 - The same thing happens with some list boxes and combo boxes.

I must note that I didn't test the app very much. Surely there are other
errors, but for now, I'm trying to fix these.

I wanted to include a WINEDEBUG output, but for Wine the app seems to work
fine: without "WINEDEBUG=+all" I don't get even "FixMe" nor "Warning"
messages... And, of course, the output of "WINEDEBUG=+all" will be VERY
big :-)

So, thanks to all, and I will wait for any advice. Any extra information you
need, just tell me.

Hugo Segovia