[Wine] Re: Alexandre says "let the newbies run as root"

Timeout wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Mar 23 02:05:37 CDT 2008

I am using Suse.
I am not using debian, Ubuntu was my first experience and it did not remain on my disk for more than 48 hours (hardware not supported). Now that I got to learn about the .rpm I don't want to start with .deb.

I may not be what you want to hear, but my first concern is that my software get freed from Windows.
And if this means reformatting my disk every 3 months because of my uneducated experience, i will go for it, when it's mean that I am not spending more than one hour a week on Windows.
Up to an extend, if any added check means that my software is not working anymore, I will make a regression test and remove the part. That's the best about the OpenSource feeling.
I am happy with what I have and I am not doing anything without having switched my brain first.
Many possibilities of root do not have a GUI.This is what will distinguish the starters with the more educated. Starters (or most of them) can not start with the shell as well as the Windows super user which is not clearly appearing on start. My book about Linux for beginner is not mentioning anything with fstack.

Here however first concern are viruses and not what the user can break on his computer.