[Wine] Re: Bryce 5.5 once ran, before v0.9.56 (tested.)

dirkmitt wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Mar 27 13:16:48 CDT 2008

Because you guys have made a convincing argument, I did the regression test.

After installing version 0.9.55 ,  I found that Bryce 5.5 still worked.

Next, I installed v0.9.56 ,  and found that Bryce 5.5 no longer worked (ie that the GUI error has cropped up.)

Now, as far as traces go, I always recalled, that Bryce 5.5 under WINE did not seem to produce any meaningful output. There were some messages, but they did not lead to a a fatal problem. But, to be sure I copied and pasted the output of Bryce 5.5 under WINE 0.9.56 ,  after which I downgraded back to WINE 0.9.55 so that I have a working version of Bryce, and copied and pasted the output again. Here is the output, from a text file as intermediate storage:

WINE 0.9.56 :

fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
fixme:ntdll:RtlNtStatusToDosErrorNoTeb no mapping for 8000000a
fixme:imm:ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd (0x10024 - (nil) 0x11a290 ): semi-stub

WINE 0.9.55 :

fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
err:advapi:service_get_status service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
fixme:imm:ImmGetDefaultIMEWnd (0x10024 - (nil) 0x11a290 ): semi-stub

I think that I did 'spoolsv:serv_main()...' to myself, by trying to install Poser a while ago. But in WINE 0.9.55 this finally does not prevent Bryce from running. It also appears when I give 'wineboot' .

Now I intend to stick with WINE 0.9.55 until I see a specific bug-fix for Bryce 5.5 GUI.

Dirk