[Wine] Fixedsys font

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Wed May 14 11:50:43 CDT 2008

dreamstogo skrev:
> Thank you again Ove,
>
> I am using an English language setup. I was doing a debug on the program when your message arrived. Here is an excerpt from the windebug=+fonts dump,
>
> trace:font:AddFontToList Loading font file "/home/hilary/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/vgafix.fon" index 0
> warn:font:AddFontToList Unable to load font "/home/hilary/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/Fonts/vgafix.fon"/(nil) err = 2

Your FreeType (the libfreetype6 package) might be too old. It seems
you'll need version 2.3.5 in order to load FON files.

> Are these fonts available for download anywhere? I have used winetricks to install the corefonts but it doesn't install vgafix.fon.

Of course not. The corefonts are all TTF files.

If you prefer, there are tools to convert FON files to X fonts if you
want to (wine even comes with a fnt2bdf). But since X fonts can be a bit
messy to handle, you shouldn't be afraid to fiddle a little if you
decide to try that...