[Wine] Re: No Sound in Wine - disable / remove pulseaudio

dr_costas wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Nov 2 07:51:18 CST 2008

hi all, wine sound works with me as follows:

fresh install of ubuntu 8.04 (gnome), added any pulseaudio plugins i could find
run playonlinux so i could wineprefix any game with individual wine versions

setup esd as audio driver in winecfg (made sure alsa was not selected as well)

tested with playing mp3 with mplayer and starting wine game (myth 2). I got sound from both programs.

the idea was not mine, i found it over some ubuntu forums if i remember correctly.

i am on a laptop listening via headphones so sound quality / surround is not an issue with me. (in case someone starts saying alsa is better etc :P)