[Wine] Re: Far Cry 2: Not working, but could be working quite easily?

jeffz wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 3 16:35:35 CST 2008

Warren Dumortier wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I received Far Cry 2 to try it and i tested it under wine 1.1.7
>
> The install works, but securom not (a bug has already been filled in), and
> the game starts with a crack!
> I had to add some dll's and disable dxgi, but that's not a huge problem.
>
> When launching single player, it works and i am ~ 8 seconds ingame, but then
> it shutds down...
>
> In my output i can see this 100 times:
>
> fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constants >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB @ glsl_shader.c / 445
> fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4fvARB() @ glsl_shader.c / 265
> fixme:d3d_shader:shader_glsl_load_constantsI >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glUniform4ivARB @ glsl_shader.c / 334
>
> I don't know what to do, but is this a bug or not? (fixmes are not bugs,
> right?)
>
> So i think it crashes by something else, but these are the only logs
> outputting when it shuts down!
>
> Please help me and make wine support this game!
> Thanks, kind regards!
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Please configure your client to send mail in plain text, not html.

It's most likely running out of memory, when I try it I see those messages plus some information about an allocation failed.  This is a common theme with a lot of new games which will continue to happen untill some issues with memory management are addressed.