[Wine] Re: wine programming question?

DanKegel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 6 08:52:54 CST 2008

dustout wrote:
> how can i best make sure that the programs i design on windows are able to run on wine?

The main thing is to test on Wine as soon as possible, and
file bugs so we can fix any problems you find.

Test with Wine *way* before your program is finished,
ideally right at the very beginning.  In fact, you might
consider actually developing on Wine by running
your compiler and IDE on Wine, and testing occasionally
on real Windows.

Also avoid .net, especially .net 3 or higher.

What language are you writing in?  Does Wine properly run
your application's current prototype?