[Wine] Installing Java under WINE.

PeteBassMan wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 13 09:41:20 CST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have been attempting to install Open Workbench on my ASUS Aspire one. I believe that the device runs Linpus Lite, which I think is a modified version of Fedora.

In order to do this I first of all installed the latest version of WINE, which seemed to go ok, after which I installed Open Workbench, which also went well.

When I tried to run Open Workbench, it complained about the lack of Java, and then closed. It is at this point my troubles began.

I downloaded the latest version of the JRE from SUN (v.1.6.0_10), which showed the welcome screen, unpacked all the files (according to the install log), and then finally displayed a message asking me to "Insert Disk 1 to continue".

I should add at this point that this is my first foray into the world of Linux. I am totally clueless as to what I should do to resolve this, so any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Pete.