[Wine] WoW - WotLK - install is a hassle :(

mkrista mkrista at buyestate.com
Thu Nov 13 17:08:58 CST 2008

Imamale wrote:
> ok heres what I did:
>
> Inorder to mount the DVD with all the hidden files shown, I had to first unmount it. In a terminal type
>
> Code:
> sudo umount /media/cdrom0/
> sudo mount /media/cdrom0/ -o unhide
>

> now you should get a window opening up on your desktop showing you all the hidden files on the DVD. Next I created a new folder on the desktop to which I want to place the files that I am going to copy from the DVD. The folders name is arbitrary 'wowinstall'
>
> your going to need to have root permissions to copy the files from the cd
>
> Code:
> sudo cp -r /media/cdrom0/* Desktop/wowinstall
>

> >From this point, you should be hearing your DVD drive spool up and then process your command. After a few minutes, all the files should be moved over. It took me two attempts to get all the files from the DVD over onto my HDD.
>
> Next the instructions Im following tell me to browse to the place where the installer is, in mycase its:
>
> Code:
> ~/Desktop/wowinstall/Installer.exe
>

> from which it tells me to change directory into that folder
>
> Code:
> cd Desktop/wowinstall
> user at computer:~/Desktop/wowinstall$

I may be wrong but you need to do a chown -R userName:userName
/Desktop/wowinstall

Change username you your own username such as
sudo chown -R lmamale:lmamale /Desktop/wowinstall or sudo chown -R
Tom:Tom /Desktop/wowinstall
what ever your user name is on your system
hope it helps ....I getting ready to give it a try in about 1hr

Mark