[Wine] Firefox as the standard browser

pheidrias wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Nov 17 09:58:40 CST 2008

Hi Folks,

I use WINE 1.1.8 from the actual repository under Ubuntu 8.10, Intrepid Ibex.
Freshly installed, I set up Firefox and got it running. It was asking wether I want it to be the standard browser and I agreed. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to register itself in this way. It is asking again and again when I restart it.

The problem is, that I want to use an application which calls URLs to display its content and fails to start anything (I assume the usual standard is the iexplorer, which is not installed).

How can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for replying,
pheidrias