[Wine] Where to download DLL'S

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 9 16:54:26 CDT 2008

feldmaus <wineforum-user at winehq.org> at Oct 9, 2008 2:46 PM wrote about [Wine]  Re: Where to download DLL'S

>austin987 wrote:
>>
>Copy them from your windows partition.[/quote]
>I have got no Windows Partition, i am only using Linux since 1 Year.

It's "I have no Windows partition, I am only using Linux."

Now that our spelling/grammar lesson is over:

Get winetricks.  Use it.  Most of the common dll's are available through its use.

Please be aware that Microsoft may check your system for existance of a LEGAL Windows product.

Please also be aware that if you are in the United States and most, but not all, other countries you may be in legal violation of the End User License Agreement if you install Microsoft products on a system without a purchased and installed Windows system.

That being said, if you decide to install a Microsoft product and Wine no longer works, you may be 'on your own' and have to re-install Wine to get it to work properly.

James McKenzie