[Wine] Digg's wine-1.1.6 announcement

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Oct 11 20:54:17 CDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> http://digg.com/linux_unix/Wine_1_1_6_Released

Wow, that got a lot of diggs, 761.

My favorite comments:

1. It's amazing to see how far WINE has come over the years. It's more
Win32 compatible than Vista in some respects.

2. I've actually had two games that were _made_ for Windows which I
couldn't get to run on XP that run on Linux using WINE... go figure

3. We know Google submits many bug fixes for Wine, and it is evident
by the new Picasa V 3.0 beta which is lightning fast and puts Mono
based application F-spot to shame.

4. I love Wine because it allows me to play Guild Wars on Linux! Now I
need Wine to work with Hello Kitty Online.  (I replied to this one
with instructions on how to use wine to view hellokitty.com :-)

5. Why can't other projects move as fast as this one? I really can't
believe just how fast WINE is being developed right now.

- Dan