[Wine] Re: Cannot open file in NTFS filesystem on Ubuntu Hardy Heron

jcobban3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 27 23:42:34 CDT 2008

vitamin wrote:

> Don't use NTFS that's all. It won't work for this particular application because of this exact problem - the missing functionality from FS driver and/or kernel.

This is admittedly only an inconvenience.  Having to copy the file over from its native NTFS to an EXT3 partition just to be able to open it and then to have to copy it back to the NTFS partition once it is updated is work that I would prefer to avoid.  I would have thought that support of files on an NTFS partition would be high on the list of desirable features for a Windows emulator package.  Therefore I would appreciate a more elaborate explanation.