[Wine] Re: How can we improve WNE?

fcmartins wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 7 12:51:50 CDT 2009

Warren Dumortier wrote:

> People that do not read warning are dumbs!

Well, this is quite a over-generalization, really. Most people just want to get on with their own business and don't want to waste time fixing the computer, which most people perceive it should work out of the box (and run windows apps, btw) just as most stuff one buys does. Also, most people feel insecure when it comes to computers, especially when most error messages are actually unreadable, when not misleading. Perfectly reasonable to ignore warnings :-)

> There's only one REAL reason to not include my patch: fix Wine to not
> have to change those setting, but imo, we're far from such a Wine
> version and it should be available IMO in Winecfg. Removing it later
> will be very easy too...

As a user I agree. Just because one day it will work doesn't seem a good excuse not to have it NOW (unless there bugs, side effects, etc). Annoyingly, the last call is to the maintainers :-)