[Wine] Re: problems with wine

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Aug 24 19:56:22 CDT 2009

beckman0208 wrote:
> i recently downloaded wine and the key  and i cant run any of my windows based games. when i insert my disk instead of auto starting like it does on windows it just opens a folder with the disk contents. how do fix this problem.

This is not a "problem". This is the normal behaviour of any popular window manager like Gnome or KDE. Because Linux can't open exe's on its own you really can't expect it to autorun your Windows CD-ROMs, so instead it'll just open the directory. If you want to know what autorun in Windows would have launched, open the AUTORUN.INF file you find in the CD's root with a text editor and your exe will be named right after the open= line.