[Wine] Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 7 18:12:32 CST 2009

doh123 wrote:

>except he can easily right click the Wine folder here and hit "compress" makes a transportable zip, throw it on any other Mac's
>/Applications folder, double click the zip... and its there on the other machine...

Except 'make install' puts files in /usr/bin and /usr/lib, not in the /Applications folder with vanilla Wine.  I'm hoping that is not what we are discussing here.

>not totalyl sure there wont be permission problems though, which is why I like using things in .apps, they get special permissions,
>helps make it more transportable.

Most files in /Applications are owned by root:bin or root:root and have read/execute permissions for other users.

>if he wants a full install program, he can use the package maker that comes with Xcode, and make an installer from the install....

Will this allow a 'clean' de-installation of the program if the user does not want to keep it around?

James McKenzie