[Wine] Re: Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 7 18:37:30 CST 2009

James Mckenzie wrote:
> doh123 wrote:
> Except 'make install' puts files in /usr/bin and /usr/lib, not in the /Applications folder with vanilla Wine.  I'm hoping that is not what we are discussing here.

which files?  I install to a custom prefix all the time and move it computer to computer and use it.. never messed with anything in /usr/bin and /usr/lib... and Wine works fine.

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Most files in /Applications are owned by root:bin or root:root and have read/execute permissions for other users.

Some are root (macports does this...), most actually aren't.  The folder is open for all users to read/write to, with full access.

James Mckenzie wrote:

> Will this allow a 'clean' de-installation of the program if the user does not want to keep it around?

if it installs like normal Mac apps to everything in a single folder in /Applications... yes, you just remove the folder.