[Wine] Re: Photoshop CS2 Refuses to Install

GoremanX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 9 00:51:41 CST 2009

I just figured out the problem. It's aggravating and I don't know how to fix it.

When I check winecfg, my C:\ drive is set as ../drive_c and all its options are grayed out. One of those options is "Type", which is set to "Autodetect". I cannot make any changes to this drive's options.

The problem is, my home directory IS a network share!!! It's auto-mounted from the server when I log in, so that my home directory follows me around no matter which computer I log onto. Apparently Wine is "Autodetecting" that the C:\ drive resides on a network share, and is communicating that to the Adobe installer.

If I setup a K:\ drive in /opt/drive_k (which is local to this computer), then I can install Photoshop CS2 to the K:\ drive successfully. But this is useless to me! I want Photoshop to be installed within my home directory so it's always available to me on every computer I use! Also, I tend to install new versions of distros on my computers often, and the local disk gets formatted each time anyways.

How do I change this behaviour? I want the C:\ drive to show up as a local disk, not a network share.