[Wine] Network play in Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2

Christoph Korn c_korn at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 03:07:29 CST 2009

I have installed C&C: Red Alert 2 in Ubuntu.
Now I want to play in a network.
I have already put the wsock32.dll [1] into the game directory and
have set up an overwrite rule for wsock32 in winecfg.
It should replace the IPX protocol with UDP protocol.
Now there is a network card shown in the settings [2] and the
network menu opens ingame now. I have set up Red Alert 2 on
different machines but they don't see each other in the network menu.
Also when one player opens a game it cannot be seen in the other
I have already checked out the appdb [3], but did find a helpful

Has someone got the network play to work?

Best regards
Christoph Korn

[1] http://www.understorm.net/cnc/lan/ts_ra2_lanpatch_1_00.zip
[2] http://www.wikihow.com/images/c/c6/Image1_618.png