[Wine] Wine on 64-bit Kubuntu 9.04a3 - No problem.

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 31 17:53:52 CST 2009

I just reloaded my system (had to try Ext4 <g>) and rebuilt Wine from source on the latest 64-bit Kubuntu alpha.  Everything works great; the Wine devs have done a lot to make the build process painless.

There were just a couple of K/ubuntu-specific 32-bit library issues that I wanted to share (in case anyone else was playing in the same sandbox) before I forget them:

In the 64-bit build guide in the WineHQ wiki, it shows to add a symbolic link for dbus from your temporary build/lib32 directory to /usr/lib32/libdbus...  Well, it looks like they moved our cheese:  That particular .so is now straight off the root in /lib32.  So use "ln -s /lib32/libdbus-1.so.3 `pwd`/lib32/libdbus-1.so" inside of your temp build/lib32 dir instead.  If you don't, you'll get an error saying that the libhal development files weren't found.

Also, the 32-bit libraries in the k/ubuntu repos don't seem to include a link for libz.so.  So add "sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/libz.so.1 /usr/lib32/libz.so" to your pre-build steps too.  If you don't do this one, you will get an error that the libfreetype development files can't be found.

Assuming you already did "sudo apt-get build-dep wine", everything should build perfectly from there!

Great job, devs!