[Wine] Warcraft III won't run anymore

flomperdomper wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jan 31 18:30:48 CST 2009

I have been running Debian Testing for at least 6 months now and up until about a month ago, Warcraft III ran fine. Now it keeps giving me an error about msvcr80.dll. I have that dll in the warcraft directory. Also, I have compiz start up at logon, but even if I replace it with kwin, the same error still comes up so it's not compiz. I checked glxinfo and the correct driver is installed working. My video card is a built-in Nvidia GeForce 7050.

Here's the error that comes up:
err:module:attach_process_dlls "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"Z:\\media\\stuff\\apps\\Warcraft III\\war3.exe" failed, status c0000005

and if it matters here's the output of glxinfo: glxinfo.txt (http://thisisnotarealwebsite.cjb.net/glxinfo.txt)