[Wine] pseudo tty's

spunkiie wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jul 20 15:25:46 CDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using a software called 'remserial' to access a remote serial port. The program creates a pseudo tty in /dev (/dev/pts/0). I can access the port with another applications, but not with WINE. I read that WINE uses 'setserial' to grab information on the port. If so, that's the problem.

AFAIK setserial doesn't work with pseudo tty:

bash-3.1# setserial /dev/pts/3
Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument

That's probably why i keep getting EscapeCommFunction() == FALSE! errors. :-(

Searching the list i found a very old patch maded by Scott W Gifford:
http://www.mail-archive.com/wine-devel%40winehq.org/msg07055.html

and some others by Eric Pouech, but none seens to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA
Ricard Moura
NCS Sistemas Inteligentes