[Wine] Wine and ePSXe 1.7.0 command line issue.

Indubitableness wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jul 23 16:42:52 CDT 2009

I've been wondering about this for a while. I use the windows version of ePSXe because the linux version is still at 1.6.0 which has some issues with Chrono Cross that 1.7.0 fixes.

Anyway. It works pretty well in wine most of the time but there's one problem I've been having. Whenever I start it by double clicking the ePSXe.exe from a gui file manager it runs just fine. However, if I try to start it from the command line using "wine ~/.wine/drive_c/epsxe170/ePSXe.exe" it gives me some trouble. The application runs just fine but it tells me "ePSXe is NOT completely configure go to Config -> bios to configure it"

Okay I think, easy enough, but when you go to configure it the app can not find the bios, nor can it find any of the plugin files. The configure wizard presents you with a bunch of blank space where plugin names should be.

I do not understand this. What is the difference between the command I am typing and the command the machine received upon double clicking the exe file?

This problem is preventing me from creating a one click shortcut on my taskbar or on any of my menus. It is only a minor annoyance but it is one I would absolutely love resolved.