[Wine] excel 2000: "File Error data may have been lost"

grriton wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Mar 11 07:05:59 CDT 2009

I am using Excel 2000 Standard with wine-1.1.16 on Centos5, and get several bugs:

First, it wouldn't open my files directly, but open a blank worksheet, so that I have to open it manually. I can live with that.

Second, I get a message saying: "File Error, data may have been lost", when I open my file, after enabling the macros. The file will open anyway. The only missing data I found was
the hyperlinks.

Third: I cannot install any Add-in. I get the following message: "Microsoft Excel can't run this add-in. Microsoft cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1601. ERROR-INSTALL-SERVICE-FAILURE".

Fourth: I cannot paste anything from Firefox. I get a simple message "Excel cannot paste the data"...

Last but not least, I cannot save. I get the message :"The disk is full", which is obviously completely false, wouldn't mention it otherwise...

Anyone can help?