[Wine] wine + wow cursor lag

Jim Hall volunteer.jim at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:11:01 CDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 7:19 PM, urd <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> hi, i finally could play wow on my ubuntu, but the cursor is to slow, exist
> any form to improve that?? and exist any way to optimized fps??

I might not be up to date on this but, the issue seems to be that Blizzard
has not implemented the hardware cursor for OpenGL. I'm sure they know how
because they do it for the Mac version (OpenGL is default on Mac, i think).
There is an ingame setting that has something to do with "reducing input
lag". Check that out. Not a total solution, but it might help a little.

I have ALL my WoW video settings at minimum and the game is playable. The
down side is that you lose a lot of the eye candy.

Jim