[Wine] Wine keeps crashing.

theShaggy wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun May 24 22:20:38 CDT 2009

Hey guys,

So I recently reinstalled my OS (Ubuntu Intrepid 64-bit), and since I have done so, Wine refuses to work entirely.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, regressed to 1.1.21, which worked fine.  However, all I receive now is a message telling me that whatever exe (most of the time, wineboot.exe) has encountered a problem, and there are likely issues with my wine installation.

I'm not sure what has gone wrong, though I'm contemplating just reinstalling the OS once again fresh in hopes that it'll work this time.

I've removed my .wine directory as well, and use that as a test.  I run 'winecfg' and it spits out a bunch of code, then gives me the error.  It loads up the config fine, but then won't let me determine the drives.  I'm incredibly confused.

Thanks for any help.