[Wine] Re: Drivers

DaVince wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Nov 28 19:26:20 CST 2009

Linux has its own drivers. If your hardware is supported, it will just work. If there's any extra software that comes with the hardware, that's just software and not drivers and may or may not work under Wine.

Installing drivers in Wine itself doesn't work - Wine doesn't support drivers (other than some basic USB support), and Wine is a whole different area seperate from Linux's actual driver systems.

In a personal experience, I have found that a wireless keyboard/mouse set should just work (as long as it uses a standard way to provide the mouse/keyboard to the system, of course). Router, I don't know, I've had mixed experienced with plugging in an USB network card replacement at least. If you mean you want to use your wireless network card to connect to the router, you may or may not have to install proprietary drivers to get the network card working (these drivers would likely be available in Ubuntu's Hardware Drivers app).