[Wine] Can't get Band-in-a-Box to run

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Oct 25 19:05:56 CDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-25 at 18:05 -0500, Radissthor wrote:
> Thanks for the help Martin, but I don't know if I understood your instructions correctly. This is what I did:
>
> right click on BIAB icon and the command was
> env WINEPREFIX="/home/hernan/.wine" wine "C:\bb\bbw.exe"

Normally you can type exactly what's in the Command box and expect it to
run. There's no magic to an icon. It just saves you some typing by
hiding the command behind a snazzy image and running it in bash when you
click the image.

However, here it didn't work because the program its pointing at is
broken. I didn't notice that it was trying to run an incomplete
self-extracting ZIP archive. See my previous post for hints about that.

Martin