[Wine] no game seems to work with wine

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 2 07:46:34 CDT 2009

>any one ?
>mabye i should get that cedega or what ever its called
>or should i send a error report to wine hq ? saying that two people (me and Abdoo47) have this problem ?

What one game specifically are you trying to run? We should focus on getting one to work, preferably a simple one.
When you say it doesn't "run," does it even install completely?
Does anything work with wine? If no game works, it sounds as if your installation is bad somehow.
What version of wine are you running?

in terminal, type
wine --version

What distro are you running? Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc. How

Can you try to run the game in terminal and attach the terminal output if it is not too long? If it is long, there is a space somewhere, where you can park it.