[Wine] Making builds on OSX 10.6, not working on 10.5

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 20 13:08:52 CDT 2009

>if anyone else is out there trying this...
>
>If i build Wine on Mac OS X 10.5, I can get that build to run fine on both 10.5 and 10.6 ....
>
>If i build Wine on 10.6, then it runs fine on 10.6 but crashes on 10.5 when I try to use it with only this listed "dyld: unknown required load command 0x8000002" then Wine crashes....

Amazing, the same thing happened between Panther and Tiger, and Tiger and Leopard.  You CANNOT build back version dynamic libararies and expect them to work.  Not without a lot of tweaking.

>I build Wine on OSX pretty much exactly following the steps on the wiki
>
>Anyone have any ideas to try?  I'd really like my Wine builds to be usable on both 10.5 and 10.6 without having to have a 10.5 machine set up to build Wine.

Yes, build on Leopard and run on Snow Leopard and Leopard.  That is the only way it is going to work.  I would like to know if Tiger builds work on Snow Leopard, but I don't have an Intel system with Tiger installed.

James McKenzie