[Wine] Wine Halts on 2nd CD install

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Sep 21 14:35:56 CDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 18:06, londonman <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Hi Guys this is my problem i have installed Wine and i have just tried to install CNC Generals - - when trying to install CNC Generals  it's a 2-CD installer, I inserted the first CD first as you do in windows
> However it ask for the second CD but when i inser it and press it to retry nothing happens and i cannot cancel or exit the program or Wine i have to shutdown and restart the system to exit Can anyone help here
> As I was not able to finish the installation. My question is, how can I install the 2-CD installer without having the same problem.
>
> In addition i am not able to install any more programs on the system

Try: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-dc33f7e78005cd05d0f0a7d69cf693ebb1f024f7

And: http://wiki.winehq.org/eject

Also see this: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-f3515230c198befe0279d32c448d9c8da63be66f
before installing...

If you do not have other applications installed in wine, do this
before trying again:
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-9893ae50079ca7a959258f0bc9a17aaf2e69b391

Also: Check that you have the latest Wine version (although 1.1.28 is
probably a better idea that 1.1.29 currently, due to a bug in 1.1.29)
/ graphics driver. (See download page) Zero hour has an issue with the
mouse cursor in 1.0.1 which is fixed by later versions. (See appdb
pages for more info...)

Gert