[Wine] Re: current state of Ubuntu Sound -- my experience

jorl17 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 24 13:08:44 CDT 2009

vitamin wrote:

> jorl17 wrote:
> > And that's usually all I need to do :) This is why I don't like Pulseaudio/Ubuntu hatred...
>
> I wonder what all you run under Wine? And what is your sound hardware. Don't forget different programs do different things.

Well, yes, that's pretty much why many of us fail to have something run: Because of different hardware and conditions. In short, while I have never had issues, I probably have always had decent hardware and modules over here...

I do recall one issue on a machine which I don't own anymore. It randomly crashed D3D with pulse, but I think it was something I did when I started using Wine and went all whacko with winetricks directx hehe.

tparker: I have also never had issues with the microphone ;) On the contrary, under Wine, it works great! Skype, though, tends to go nuts with desyncs, which is why I have to give it direct hw access.