[Wine] How can I install Wine on a computer without internet access

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 13:35:02 CDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 4:22 AM, desconocido <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> So unless they come as standard in a default destop install of Ubuntu 9.10, I am probably missing most of these.
>
> Anyone know where I can get a package with these in it?
> I understand a bit about Synaptic, but not how to source stuff from a disk.

That is because Wine now releases Ubuntu debs via the PPA system.  You
can find this by Googling ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa and going to the project
page or an index of the files in the project.  You will still require
all the dependencies to install this deb and for some applications you
may require the recommended packages too.

You can find the binary you need here:
http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntu-wine/ppa/ubuntu/pool/main/w/wine1.2/
(Karmic is 9.10)

According to aptitude show wine1.2 these deps for a 64bit system are:
Depends: procps, binfmt-support (>= 1.1.2), ia32-libs (>= 1.6),
lib32asound2 (> 1.0.14), libc6-i386 (>= 2.6-1), lib32nss-mdns (>=
0.10-3)
PreDepends: dpkg (>= 1.14.12ubuntu3)
Recommends: ttf-tahoma-replacement, ttf-symbol-replacement,
ttf-liberation, winbind, wine1.2-gecko, ttf-mscorefonts-installer
Suggests: xdg-utils