[Wine] Company of Heroes crashes after short time of playing

Edward Savage epssyis at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 04:15:13 CDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM, pappnase <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> As the subject says: I can start a game (only tested with skirmish), but after less than one minute it stops and crashes with the Relics crash dialog.
>
> I tried with different wine versions (atm 1.1.42 and 1.2) under Debian lenny 32bit (Linux 2.6.32) and Ubuntu Lucid 64bit with different fglrx versions. My graphics hardware is a Radeon HD 4200.
>
> Via winetrix I installed d3dx9, gecko, ie6, ie7, vcrun2005, and vcrun2008 and copied my CoH installation from Windows 7 RC 64bit (with/without using CoH profile from Win7).
>
> Any hints?

The issue is probably caused by all of the extras you have installed.

The redists you need to play the game should be in your installation
directory and from memory you need to run the redists in these
folders.

DX_Redist
VCRedist
MilesRedist (optional)

If you're planning on playing Tales of Valor you will also need to
install the redists from tovRedist.

You will need to use a fresh wine prefix to avoid all of the packages
you've already installed.