[Wine] Re: html rendering and gecko on a winmx install wine 1.1.11

labud wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Aug 20 07:03:29 CDT 2010

I am sorry.  My point was not to slam the newer versions of Wine.  In fact I did say that I had installed 1.2 without problems before on this 64 bit system.  sorry if I was unclear.

My problem is this gecko and html rendering thing  on opensuse 11.2 64 bit.  At this time it will not work for me.

> I install winmx thru wine and it goes fine up until the 1st start instance of winmx. All of a sudden I get a popup window [Wine Gecko Installer] informing me that my application is trying to show an html page, [WinMX is a P2P music and chat program][listed on this site] and that wine needs gecko to do this. Click Install to do this.
> So if I click install it just hangs and nothing happens. If I click cancel, Winmx opens and does its thing.
> I have done some googling and came up with this info:
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-332962.html
> I went thru the steps and still nothing changed. Did a little more digging on WineHQ site and found I needed a different version of gecko for The version of wine I am using. Went thru steps again, but still this window pops up and hangs when I click the install button.
> How can I get this gecko to either install or go away.

I just want to get this gecko problem solved and  have tried somethings and they are not working even with version 1.2.
Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this?
Thank You.