[Wine] Wine not detecting correctly graphic vendor

Marcos sombra2eternity at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 13:15:05 CST 2010

>It looks that you still have the Nvidia version of libGL.so online instead of
>the needed one. Wine itself doesn't use nvidia-tls, but nvidia's libGL does:

Thanks Pavel, I think you are totally right but let me explain:
I run the NVIDIA-XXXX --uninstall and let it make the work, but lots
of losts libraries were abandoned everywhere in my system, I rm'd the
vast majority of them, but the problem I think are the ones that has
no 'nvidia' in the name that are still lost.

Reading your answer I remembered that some time ago I readed at
phoronix that ATI binary driver has now his own prefix for libraries
to avoid conflicts against the free driver they are helping to
develop. I think there is the problem. Starting from locating libGL I
get (sorry for the long log):

$locate libGL

Now the question is, whats the one wine is looking for, to symlink it,
because Im almost sure fglrx put his owns on /usr/lib/fglrx and leave
the old untouched, and maybe the NVIDIA uninstaller wasnt able to
restore previous, making wine to fail.