[Wine] Office 2007 installer error

mandriva2010_user wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 10 01:00:07 CST 2010

Hey everyone,

Need some help setting up wine to work with the Office 2007 installer. I just switched to Mandriva from Kubuntu. And now have problems with setting up office.

If I run the setup.exe with wine 1.1.38 I get the installer window pop up then it fades away and I get an error about a missing setup file.

If I run it from the console I get:

# wine setup.exe
fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_INITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:richedit:REExtendedRegisterClass semi stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETEDITSTYLE: stub
fixme:richedit:ME_HandleMessage EM_SETBIDIOPTIONS: stub
fixme:reg:GetNativeSystemInfo (0x33d948) using GetSystemInfo()
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x1c0368 0x33d948) stub!
fixme:msxml:DllCanUnloadNow
fixme:htmlhelp:HtmlHelpW HH case HH_UNINITIALIZE not handled.
fixme:netapi32:NetGetJoinInformation Stub (null) 0x33f03c 0x33f030
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x15b118 0x33f018) stub!
fixme:advapi:CheckTokenMembership ((nil) 0x15b118 0x33f018) stub!
fixme:msxml:DllCanUnloadNow

The only thing I can think of is that in Mandriva 2010 there are bunch of programs pre-installed like Notepad, File Manager, Mine Sweeper, Reg Editor, etc... many more programs than Kubuntu comes with.

I can't find where to remove the programs in wine.

I noticed other mandriva users have the same problem in the wine wiki thing.

Any idea's ???

Thanks,

mandriva_user