[Wine] Wine patched

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 14 15:31:09 CST 2010

Berillions wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a question when I must to patch Wine.
> I must to patch wine 1.1.38 with 2 patch to play correctly at Mass Effect 2.
> There are 2 patch to resolve the mouse problem and crash problem after to launch the game. The 2 files modified by these patch are : dinput.dll.so and wined3d.dll.so.
> After to deplace it in /usr/lib/wine and replace the old files, can i to play correctly at other games?
> For exemple, with this wine patched, can i play at Call of Duty 4 without problem?
Beats me.  The only way to find out is to play the game.
> Can i have a problem because wined3d.dll.so is modified?
Don't know.  You have to figure this out for yourself.  See patches are
submitted for bugs at your own risk.  If they work, great.  If they
don't, they don't.

Vincent gave you a great hint.  Run ./configure and then make deps &&
make but DO NOT run make install.  Then you can run Wine from the build
directory and then you can test it.

James McKenzie