[Wine] Re: Dell Printer Software

ajbarnes wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 16 16:47:31 CST 2010

David Gerard wrote:

> TinyXP is actually surprisingly small and, for a single program, would
> run fine in 128MB.
>
> If it's a printer *driver* you haven't a hope and should rely on CUPS
> (which Mac OS X and Linux use, and Apple actually develops now).
>
> But it appears you're talking about a userland program, i.e. what Wine
> appears to run. So there may be hope! Even if I don't know what it is.
>

> - d.

Interesting thoughts David, thanks for your reply.

The driver is included with Dell's software suite that makes all the bells and whistles work. I really would like the feature of scanning an image, and it send via WiFi over my network.

When I try installing the Dell printing software using WineBottler on Snow Leopard, the setup starts and says:

"The Windows Spooler Service cannot be started. Installation of your printer cannot continue until you correct this problem."