[Wine] MW2 almost works under Wine

i2c wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jan 10 19:34:00 CST 2010

I'm using Wine 1.1.36, the latest. And I've installed Steam and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. Everything (almost) works fine, just enough so that I can consider gaming in Linux over Windows, but a CRIPPLING problem is plauging me.

[Image: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5167/screenshotaog.png ] (http://img190.imageshack.us/i/screenshotaog.png/) [Image: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/screenshotaog.png/1/w1600.png ] (http://g.imageshack.us/img190/screenshotaog.png/1/)

Text, all text is like that, I can't change video settings because I don't know what or where they are because I can't read anything. In game I have no clue how much ammo I have or what the score is, what my K2D is, what ANYTHING is because the text is all screwy. Please someone help me I'm so close.

I'm running Ubuntu 32bit 9.10 with all updates installed, Radeon 4670 with all the correct and up to date drivers installed...I'm so close I can feel it!