[Wine] Re: How to make icon to command on mac?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Jan 14 09:51:41 CST 2010

Bazilisk wrote:
> 2 problems
>
> I installed wine thru MacPorts and can not sure about /path/to/wine
>

> Code:
> #! /bin/sh
> export WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.wine
> export DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11/lib
> cd "/path/to/my/app" && exec wine "myapp.exe"
>

> I put wine without /path/to/ becouse I can not find it :(
>
> I save it as soft.config
> When I try to start it Mac asked about default application for .config
> I selected Terminal (not sure what is correct)
> When I click on soft.config - myapp.exe dont started :(
> May be wrong path to wine, may be wrong application to run config.
> What the correct choise?

your doing a bash script to run through terminal?  The longer bit of code I stuck up there that uses Applescript wont use terminal to run.

if you want to go the terminal way, you need the save it as .command , not .config .. and it'll open by default in Terminal.app.

Macports installs Wine by default to /opt/local/bin

if you type this in Terminal, it will tell you where it finds wine in the path...

Code:
which wine

I do recommend the other entry I put in there about using Applescript Editor.
You just copy and paste the code in the editor, edit the first line section for the exe location...(other lines are optional, the directions are written beside them)

then in Applescript Editor you "save as"  "application" and it makes a normal Mac .app that you can double click and it runs... no terminal or anything.  You can also change its Icon the same way you change any Icon in OSX, and make it look more customized.