[Wine] Re: ati mobility X1400 being recognized as a geforce 3 card

rashj3 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Jan 18 20:02:33 CST 2010

I don't use the fglrx driver, I was recommended to use the Radeon driver since the X1400 is legacy by ATI's standards and the current Catalyst linux drivers don't support legacy. I haven't had any other issues with the Radeon driver. Just frustrating ATI doesn't like to support linux very much.

This has probably been answered before, but can you install ATI drivers for Windows via wine and have it work? Or wine is solely based off the linux drivers?