[Wine] Re: winetricks jet40 failed reason 2?

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Jul 25 10:25:42 CDT 2010

That didn't do it either.

I am almost at the point of having a look with my Hex editor at the binary to see if I can get any clues.

By the way, I have worked with real databases, both network and tree, and find what they do in access obscene.  As an old GE trouper, I know all there is to know about Integrated Data Store and its successor Data Manager IV.  Charlie Bachman wasn't kidding in his paper "The Programmer as Navigator" when it comes to networked bases.  I implemented one for a large corporate bank, and we had a lot of fun with that.

I am also one of the early fathers of the SQL standard.  I was on the ISO committee as an editor in the early part of the work.  I got overloaded and couldn't continue with the foot of mail I got every week.

I rather hope this is a VB6 program.  .NET wasn't out when it appeared.