[Wine] Cannot browse to c: on widows applications

atvasco wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 5 05:55:24 CDT 2010

Hi,
I'm new to wine so I probably have missed somethingh on my configuration.

I installed Wine on my Ubuntu 10.4 laptop without problems.

Then I installed a Windows programme and ran via the Wine Programme load.

The programm started OK but when I attempted to browse for a file the path shown was my Wine path, (/home/vasco/.wine/drive_c/users/vasco/Desktop). I would have thought it should be C:\users\vasco

This gives me problems with scripts that I need to run under both MS Windows and Wine windows.

I checked my Wine Config and the devices seem to me mapped normally:

C:    ../drive_c
D:    /media/cdrom0
H:    /home/vasco
Z:    /

I also tried the Notepad application supplied with Wine and that also had the same problem when attempting File > Open ; no C: drive could be seen in the "Look in:" combo box drop-down.

Have I missed something here?

Cheers