[Wine] Re: Spore fails to run on new Wine versions, plus fglrx issues

3vi1 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jun 5 07:32:48 CDT 2010

NihilistMatt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ...I have since replaced the card with an ATi Radeon HD4800 and the user interface now unbearably flickers, garbles (inflated bits of text and other UI elements appearing randomly) and generally looks far from correct (to the point where I can't see the graphics options to try changing things).

I'm afraid that at least half (if not all) of your problems are bugs in the 10.5 fglrx drivers, and won't be fixed until ATI corrects their issues.

I tried 10.5 with an HD5870 last week and saw those flickers and garbles even in some native Linux apps (Like when you launch Boxee - it's pretty bad).  The wine games that did work would lock up after an hour or so - as if 10.5 isn't cranking the cards fan to the proper levels.  :(  So, I'm back on the nVidia train for now.